The Department encourages and invites all musicians, musicologists, teachers, research scholars (of both Ph.D. and M.Phil. from any university in India or abroad) and music lovers to submit their research papers for publishing in the next issue of Vageeshwari. They must adhere to the following guidelines -
1. All authors must mail their research papers to the official email id of Vageeshwari only, i.e. email@example.com. Papers sent to the Departmental email id will not be accepted under any circumstances.
2. Each author is required to mention in his email, his following details -
- i. Name
- ii. Designation
- iii. Office / Home Address
- iv. Email id
- v. Mobile number
Failure to do will result in his paper not being accepted for publishing.
3. The papers must be emailed as attachment only, in both Word and PDF formats.
4. The author must also send a hard copy to the address mentioned below -
- The Editor-in-Chief
- Dept. of Music
- University of Delhi
- Delhi - 110007
5. The author must submit his paper in English or Hindi only. For English, the papers must be in “Times New Roman” font, with a font size of 12. Papers being submitted in Hindi must be typed in “Kruti Dev 10” font, with a font size of 14.
6. The author must stick to a minimum word limit of 3000 and maximum of 5000 words only.
7. The author must also mail as an attachment, an abstract of not more than 250 words, summarizing the key aspects of the paper.
8. The author should specify five key words in his/her paper.
9. In order to maintain uniformity, the Editorial Board discourages the use of footnotes, and instead requires the authors to number their references in the x2 format only. These references must be given serially at the end of the paper in the prescribed APA format only –
Author surname, name initials (year-month of Publication). Article title. Journal Name, Volume (Issue), Pages
Online Journals –
Author surname, Name initials. (Year of Publication). Article title. Periodical Title, Volume (Issue), pp.-pp. DOI: XX.XXXXX or Retrieved from journal URL
Author surname, name initials (Year of Publication) Book. City, State: Publisher.
Author surname, Name initials. (Year of Publication). Title of work [E-Reader Version]. Retrieved from http://xxxx or DOI:xxxx
Note: The authors must strictly adhere to the APA format only. No other format will be accepted.
10. The papers must avoid plagiarism at all costs. Blindly copying from, or giving reference of Wikipedia and other such reference websites is strictly not allowed. Such papers will be liable to be rejected without undergoing the process of Peer Review. Reference may be given of online research papers/articles in online books / journals / websites, with proper reference of its author, title, date and other relevant details.
11. Every paper will undergo stringent screening, first at online level, then at the Departmental level of the Editorial Board, and finally at the Peer Review level. The Editorial Board reserves the right to reject those papers outright which are either too short or of poor academic content and research quality.
12. All the papers that clear the screening by the Editorial Board, will undergo Peer Reviewing, following the Double-Blind process, where both the reviewer and the author shall not know the names of each other, in order to ensure transparency and fair play in the entire process.
13. The decisions of the Editorial Board regarding all matters relating to the publishing of Vageeshwari shall be final and binding in all respects.